How I can get an immigration visa ?

Asked on Oct 02nd, 2018 on Immigration - New York
I'm a Syrian citizen that lives in Jordan , and I want to get an immigration visa for me and my family , so how can I get it ? And how much time does it takes ?
Answered on Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:58 AM
Your question is unfortunately too vague to be answered. The US allows immigration mainly through family relations already in the US or through employment which is generally through sponsoring organizations or investment. Immigration can also come through asylum where individuals are already in the US or refugee status although that is being discouraged by the Trump administration. You should set up a consultation with an immigration lawyer who can go through your options. Many lawyers have telephonic consultations. Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.