How can I help my spouse get a green card after they were deported for an assault and dui charge?

Asked on Jul 12th, 2011 on Immigration - Nevada
More details to this question:
My husband got deported after being charged with third degree assault domestic violence I want to file for him to get his green card. He has also had a DUI and driving with a suspended license what can I do.
Answered on Jul 22nd, 2011 at 9:22 AM
We need more facts to answer this question. Assuming that he was not legally in the US and he did not travel back and forth, you are a US citizen and his only convictions were as you say, you can file a petition, do consular processing and applicable waivers. This is both time consuming and complicated. You will need an experienced immigration attorney to navigate you.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters