H-B1 Visa

Asked on Jan 15th, 2019 on Immigration - Pennsylvania
I wonder if I am still able to continue my work even though my OPT expires and the H-B1 petition is still pending.
Answered on Feb 08th, 2019 at 7:23 PM
Once your OPT expires, you will no longer have the right to work in the US. The fact that your H-1B petition is still pending does not give you employment authorization. I note that U.S.C.I.S. recently lifted the suspension on premium processing for FY 2019  cap cases that were filed in April 2018. You and your employer may decide to take advantage of this. Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.