Can a US citizen father petition for his son who works as a diplomat in the US?

Asked on Mar 26th, 2011 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
The father is a US citizen and plan to request a green card for his son who is already in the US. This son works as a diplomat in the US for seven years.
Report Abuse
Answered on Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Yes he may petition his son and once the priority date is current, and if the son is still in valid status, the son can apply for adjustment of status in the U.S.

Report Abuse
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Interesting question. Yes. If the son is in A-1 status, he will need to give up the privileges associated with the A status. He does this by filing certain forms with the DOS when filing the green card application. To ensure that your son does meet all of the requirements, however, you do need to have his case completely vetted by a competent immigration attorney. Do not use my email as the basis for moving forward as A cases are unusual!

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters