Can someone on probation in Canada come to the US to marry me?

Asked on Apr 01st, 2011 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
I have a girlfriend in Canada but she is on probation. We want to get married and she wants to move to the US. Can we do that while she is on probation?
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 05th, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Being on probation would not bar her from coming to the U.S. What could bar her from doing so is the crime she was convicted of that she is now on probation for. Many crimes make a person inadmissible to the U.S., even if married to a U.S. citizen. There are waivers available, but I would need to know the crime she was convicted of, the date convicted and the sentence/punishment.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters