Can I still get my citizenship with a felony?

Asked on May 06th, 2011 on Immigration - California
10 years ago, I was arrested for car burglary. I was in jail for months, and then got out and was on probation and of course I went to court and plead guilty. I paid all my courts balance and I am done. Not to long ago I applied for my citizenship and did my fingerprint and got to go to my interview and passed the test. But they want more info. About my record from court and the police station so I mail all those paper in the next day. Do I have any chance of getting my citizenship?
Answered on May 10th, 2011 at 10:40 AM
It was not an aggravated felony so Yes you have a chance.

Answered on May 10th, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Whether your Naturalization will be approved depends on when you were convicted, how long you had been a Legal Permanent Resident when you were convicted, the exact crime you were convicted of, and the sentence imposed. Criminal convictions, even if they occurred 10 years ago can result in denial of Naturalization and the issuance of a Notice to Appear in immigration court to show why you should not be deported.