Can i petition my brother-in-law from the Philippines

Asked on Mar 15th, 2019 on Immigration - Arkansas
More details to this question:
my wife just got her permanent residence and I was wondering about petitioning her brother to come over can I do it or is it too soon and about how long does it take
Report Abuse
Answered on Mar 15th, 2019 at 9:46 AM
A US citizen can sponsor his sibling but the wait time is very long. Siblings are not considered immediate relatives like spouses, parents and children. You wouldnt be able to petition him anyway, as he is not youir brother-that would have to be done by your wife, but as I said the wait time is very long. To determine the wait time, go to the State Dept. web site to see what applications are currently being processed from the Phillipines and it will tell you when those i-130's were filed. Good luck. 

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters