Can I fix my residency status after being married to a US citizen for 4 years?

Asked on Jan 24th, 2011 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
I came to USA when I was 19 now I have been married with a US citizen for 4 years. Can I fix my status here?
Report Abuse
no client reviews
BV Distinguished
Answered on Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:58 AM
It depends on whether you originally entered the U.S. legally or not. Generally if you entered without documentation your case must be processed overseas and with your four year overstay a waiver would be required. These are approvable though and just require a strong case and good attorney to pull it all together for you. The only exception to this rule of having to go overseas is if you can show eligibility under one of the older amnesty programs such as 245(i). Contact me for a consultation and we can review your case and the best way to proceed, procedures, fees, and timing. F

Report Abuse
Answered on Jan 26th, 2011 at 5:13 AM
Yes, absolutely.

Report Abuse
Jack C Sung
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Jan 25th, 2011 at 6:58 PM
You can fix your status if you entered the US with inspection.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters