Can I file for my mother to be permanent resident while she is here in the US?

Asked on Apr 06th, 2011 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
My mother has a B2 visa and is visiting me in the US. Can I apply for her while she is here for permanent residence as I am a naturalized citizen?
Report Abuse
Answered on Apr 11th, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Since you mother entered with a B2 visa, you can petition her and she can file for her permanent residence while in the US. This is called combined processing, and both the I-130 petition and I-485 application can be filed at the same time.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters