Can I bring my husband to the US if I am a permanent resident?

Asked on Feb 06th, 2011 on Immigration - Florida
More details to this question:
I just got married 2 months ago with my husband in Mexico because he is illegal. I am a permanent resident. If I become a citizen can I get my husband a passport or visa or resident card so he can come to the US with me? How long would it take if I become a citizen to get him papers?
Report Abuse
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Feb 07th, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Yes, if you become a United States citizen you can petition for him and there would be a visa available for him immediately. The process may take between 6 and 9 months.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters