C1d visa on a 10 years ban

Asked on Oct 30th, 2018 on Immigration - North Carolina
Had left Usa voluntarily 6 years ago after 4 years overstay on j1 visa. Now I have an offer in cruise and can I apply for c1 d Visa being an Indian citizen?
Answered on Nov 29th, 2018 at 3:23 PM
Unless you received an order from an immigration judge or U.S.C.I.S. denied or revoked your J-1 visa, you are not barred from coming back to the States. Whether you can successfully apply for a C1/D visa will be up to the consular officer who adjudicates your application for such. Such visa is decided in the discretion of a consular officer. You would not appear to be under a 10 year ban. Due to the limitations of the Lawyers.com Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.   poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.