My ex recently got a stayed sentence for historically paying support short. He is short again but the it is not being enforced. What now?

Asked on Nov 06th, 2018 on Family Law - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
My ex has a long history of short payment of support and non payment of his portion of our child's medical bills. There is now a significant amount of medical and support arrearages. He was found in contempt and given a stayed sentence and was told that as long as he pays his order in full each month it will remain stayed. It was deemed that his income was more than sufficient to pay his obligations. Now 4 months later he is still paying short. Each month it was just less than $100 short and last month it went up to $150. I called my child support agency and was told they don't do anything to enforce unless he pays nothing at all. That was not what the judge said. The judge was very specific because the issue was consistent short payments. What are my options in Wisconsin? My last child is 16.
Report Abuse
Answered on Nov 14th, 2018 at 3:21 PM
file a contempt motion if they are not paying the support that is owed and following the court orders.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters