My ex husbands lawyer is asking for financial info, should I give it to her or wait for court order?

Asked on Nov 15th, 2018 on Family Law - Florida
More details to this question:
We divorced 5 years ago, have a 12 year old. He didn't want child support then and his lawyer is pushing him to get it now bc I have gone to school and make more money. I cannot afford a lawyer and his is emailing and calling me. I don't know what is right or wrong to do.
Report Abuse
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:50 PM
If there has been a request to modify child support filed with the court and you have been served with the petition, then you are obligated under Rule 12.285 to provide certain financial documents.  I would suggest consulting with an attorney to determine the potential financial obligation as it souds as if your financial situation has changed enough that there is a belief that you can contribute to your son's support. 

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters