me and my wife been married for 37 years,,we bought a house around 13 years ago in florida.,the house is in her name...im I entitle to half of the pro

Asked on Mar 11th, 2019 on Divorce - Massachusetts
she left florida,to move to massachussetts..she is been there for about six years now,,i m living at the same residence..im I entitle to the property,or at least half,
Answered on Mar 12th, 2019 at 10:42 AM
Dear Anonymous,  It is not clear whether or not Massachusetts has jurisdiction in this matter.  The following information is based on Massachusetts law. Your marriage will be considered a long-term marriage. Marital assets are normally divided equally in a long-term marriage. Assets that are held in either spouses individual name are generally considered marital assets in a long-term marriage. Absent an extraordinary situation, it is likely that the house will be divided equally.  For futher information, I can be reached directly at 617-658-3529.  Best, 

Wyckoff Nissenbaum 617-466-6620 somervillelawoffice.com