How do I protect my son from his mothers boyfriend?

Asked on Dec 21st, 2012 on Child Custody - California
Iwant to get a restraining order for my baby son against his mothers boyfriend. Hes an active gang memeber and my son is in danger
4.4/5.0
Answered on Dec 24th, 2012 at 1:28 PM
You need to ask for custody and limit her visitation so none of her gang friends can be with her during visitation. You will need specific information about the friends being in gangs.

Answered on Dec 24th, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Absent proof of immediate harm, this is more likely an issue for the family court. I have had cases where Mom has lost significant custodial time because she chose to bring people that had violent criminal records into the children's home. Get into family court and explain the circumstances.

Answered on Dec 21st, 2012 at 1:54 PM
You may need to seek a restraining order, and also likely seek custody. If the mother is making bad decisions (i.e. dating a gang member and allowing him around the baby) it may demonstrate that she is willing to place the baby in danger. Without more facts, I cannot advice you. The mere fact that someone is associated with a gang does not in and of itself without more mean that the baby is not safe.

Answered on Dec 21st, 2012 at 1:44 PM
You can file a written motion with the court. If there is danger to child's safety and welfare, the court will grant the motion and set some rules regarding child custody and visitation.