How can I get custody of my child if she wants to live with me?

Asked on Aug 03rd, 2011 on Child Custody - North Carolina
More details to this question:
I have recently been divorced and the child (15 years old) chose to stay with her dad. In the separation agreement we stated that he had sole custody and we shared joint custody because of her choice. She has just called me to say she wants to live with me, I need to know what I need to do to get custody so she can live me.
Answered on Aug 04th, 2011 at 5:45 AM
You can amend the Separation Agreement/Parenting Agreement or file a Complaint for Custody and request primary custody from the Court.

This response does not establish an attorney-client relationship nor is it an acceptable substitute for seeking legal advice.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters