Can I have my child custody case transferred?

Asked on May 27th, 2011 on Child Custody - California
More details to this question:
I moved to California in 2009. It was in the parenting plan. I just want to know if I could get a change of jurisdiction to my new home state. My daughter’s father only gets her a few months out of the year and when she went for winter vacation he didn't even bring her back on time. Then he's always calling me harassing me. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Report Abuse
Answered on May 31st, 2011 at 12:46 PM
It is possible to get the jurisdiction changed, but the prior state must relinquish it to California. The services of an attorney with experience in this area can be of help. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters