I am being sued by Wells Fargo for an overdrawn account from over 10 years, can they get a judgment against me even after all this time?

Asked on Mar 04th, 2019 on Debtor and Creditor - Florida
I opened a Wells Fargo a long time ago, which then overdrew and closed around 2007 or 2008 in the amount of around $800. Back then, from what I think I remember, I believe I refused to pay overdraft amount because of the ridiculous amount of overdraft fees they assessed. Wells Fargo is now trying to sue me for the overdraft from over 10 years later, and when I advised them that they are now over the statute of limitations on collecting this money, they said that because they began collecting in 2014, that this is when the statute of limitations began. But this cannot be right, because even in 2014 they were still outside the 5 year statute of limitations in Florida. What should I do to defend myself, if I even can? I also moved to another country last year, in Colombia, and the only reason I know I am being sued is because a process server called my old google voice number that redirected the call to my current phone number which can receive calls in Colombia.
Answered on Mar 15th, 2019 at 10:54 AM
hate to tell you be leaving the jursidiction could toll the statute of limitations. You may need to retain a lawyer to sort this out. This could be a legitimate case, a fraud case or a judgmet collection issue. No way to tell without all the details. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.