What will happen after I missed a hearing calling for proof of pc1000 enrollment?

Asked on May 03rd, 2011 on Criminal Law - California
I missed a 4/22/11 hearing to show proof of enrollment in pc1000 in California. I was told by the court clerk to be there early in the morning and ask to get on the calendar. There was a warrant issued when I missed that date and I just want to make sure that I won't be arrested. This is the first date with court that I’ve missed
  • 5.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
Answered on May 05th, 2011 at 9:45 AM
An arrest warrant was issued for you. For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a deal with the judge to withdraw the warrant. If you have actually complied with all the court ordered programs, penalties and other terms of your probation sentencing, then he will likely be lenient. If you havent done what you were supposed to, havent finished programs as ordered, then you face an upset judge that could revoke probation and sentence you to the agreed jail term in the sentencing agreement. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.

Answered on May 05th, 2011 at 9:45 AM
I recommend you go back to the Court and the Clerk's Office and let them know you want to get on calendar to clear the warrant and show proof. They can usually get you on calendar the same day if you go early in the morning. It is important to do that or you will be arrested if there is an outstanding warrant for failing to appear.

Answered on May 05th, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Ask to add yourself back to calendar. Explain why you missed court. Ask to bench warrant.

Answered on May 05th, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Have it put on calendar and the warrant will be recall, otherwise you are subject to arrest.

• 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on May 05th, 2011 at 9:06 AM
If you show up on your own and have proof that you enrolled in the class you should be ok. This depends a lot on the judge.

Answered on May 04th, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Well, of course you can be arrested for any warrant, but you probably have time to calendar the matter and get to Court prior to an arrest. I hope that you have proof of enrollment, or can get re-referred. You do not want to squander the PC 1000 opportunity.

Jeff Fengcheng Yeh
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on May 04th, 2011 at 11:24 AM
You can't be sure that you will not be taken in custody. There is, after all, an outstanding warrant for your arrest. You can help yourself by having a lawyer go to court for you (without . you there) to recall the warrant and get an extension on the proof of completion. The benefit of doing this, the Judge won't take you in custody, at least not right then and there.