What should I do I have an outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor because of failure to appear am I going to jail?

Asked on Jul 30th, 2017 on Criminal Law - California
More details to this question:
Jeff Fengcheng Yeh
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Oct 09th, 2017 at 1:01 PM
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.

Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 09th, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Best thing to do is to contact your lawyer or hire a lawyer. If neither of those options are available to you, go to the court, talk to the clerk, and set a court date to appear in front of a judge and surrender on the warrant. People don't usually go to jail for FTAs on misdemeanor cases, but it is possible. Might want to talk to a bail bondsman before you go to court.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters