What do I do if I am in the military and am being falsely charged with drug possession?

Asked on Jul 16th, 2011 on Criminal Law - Oregon
More details to this question:
I am being charged with pcs for unlawful possession of meth, first of all I am in the military, National guard to be exact. I was giving a friend a ride from the hospital and passed a cop and she recognized me from the day before and knew my licence was suspended. They had to search the vehicle and I had no problems with it thinking that the car was clean, then in a few of the girls bags they found meth and a scale, they also found scales under the seats, they charged her with a pcs as well. What can I do?
Mr. Edward A Kroll
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Jul 20th, 2011 at 11:05 AM
The best thing you can do is to get a good attorney. There may not have been a good reason for the police to search the vehicle. And even if there was, if you did not know your passenger had this stuff, then it can be argued that you are innocent. Since this case did not occur on a military base, state law will apply. You need to get a lawyer who understands search & seizure law, as well as criminal defense law. I am a former prosecutor with a lot of experience in these matters, and I would be happy to give you a free consult. But regardless, I urge you to seek an attorney's advice soon.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters