My husband was pulles by Narcotics as routine traffic stop

Asked on Nov 26th, 2018 on Criminal Law - South Carolina
My Husband was pulled over by 4 Narcotics Detectives and wasnt ever asked for his license and registration and then they pulled him out the vehicle and detained him he asked what for and never got an answer. Then they asked if there was anything illegal in the vehicle and he said no then they comensend to searching without asking to search the vehicle. They found drugs and a gun. My husband said it wasnt his and then the Lieutenant of Narcotics got into my husbands truck and drove it to the jail. This happened back in October and my husband has yet to be told or seen what hes being charged with to this day. Is it legal for a Narcotics Agent to drive my husbands vehicle to the jails impound lot?
Answered on Dec 04th, 2018 at 11:35 AM
What your husband needs is  a criminal defense attorney to ascertain exactly what is going on with your husband.  A criminal defense lawyer can plead his defenses, know how to obtain discovery, understands evidence, criminal procedure, etc. The answer to this question neither constitutes legal advice nor creates a lawyer/client relationship. Dr. Michael G. Sribnick, Esq. criminal defense attorney with offices in Charleston and Columbia, S.C. Michael G. Sribnick, M.D., J.D., LLC