Is there a statue of limitation for domestic violence?

Asked on Jan 16th, 2013 on Criminal Law - Florida
My soon to be ex husband was able to get a domestic violence on me and my children back in Dec. 5.2011 since then I have completed everything I was told to do by the judge which was a batters class and was not able to see my children for 7 months due to all the continuing court cases. My ex has now told the courts I have broke the injunction. I went to court once and wasn’t found guilty of breaking the dvi now he filed another order to the judge on Nov. 19th 2012for something that happened in May 15th 2012 is there a statue of libations on these false allegations he was made on me because I have police reports with no findings and they didn’t believe him but he continues to file false sworn statements to the courts! Also if the department of children and families closed the case how was he awarded a dvi on me he waited to file the children’s on Dec. 14th 2011 on one of the minor children and March 6th,2012. He has been able to manipulate the courts and get away with it.
Answered on Mar 11th, 2013 at 7:40 PM
The statute of limitations in most states is 5 years. You can be charged with a crime if it is less than that amount of time since the crime was allegedly committed.

Answered on Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:47 AM
There is a 2 year statute of limitations on misdemeanors and four on felonies.

Answered on Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I'm unable to answer your question based upon the information provided. Statute of limitations is not necessarily the correct terminology in this situation. I strongly recommend scheduling a consultation with an attorney and bringing with you all documents dating back to the original Petition for Injunction.