Is there a chance that I can be arrested for a warrant?

Asked on Jul 27th, 2011 on Criminal Law - Michigan
I have a warrant for my arrest for embezzlement. I have to appear in court for driving while license suspended in the same county. Can I be arrested for the warrant that I have?
Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 3:47 PM
If the court is aware of the other warrant or the sheriff is aware of the warrant, the likelihood of arrest is almost certain.

Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:33 PM
There is always a chance you can be arrested for a warrant since that is what a warrant is a court order that authorizes your arrest. The odds are even greater if you have more than one. If you come in contact with the police, you will get arrested. It is better to turn yourself in before that happens.

Michael J. Breczinski
  • 3.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
CV Notable
Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Yes you should go and appear in court and take care of that warrant and deal with the matter. It won't go away. Get an attorney.

Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 12:48 PM
There is a good chance that you will be arrested at Court. If so, you will be held until you are taken to the Court where the warrant was issued, and that Court will set your bond. But you need not take the chance. You should contact an attorney to address the warrant issue before you need to appear on your other case. Many times arrangements can be made, and in appropriate cases, a personal bond can be agreed to before being presented on the warrant.

Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Yes, that would be the likely scenario. Hire your lawyer first.

Answered on Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:50 AM