Is there any way I cannot do time since I need to keep working in order to finish paying my DUI ticket?

Asked on Aug 10th, 2017 on Criminal Law - California
More details to this question:
I got a dub at the beginning of 2016 and the court gave me court probation and 18 days community service. About 6 months ago, I got pulled over and received a $2200 ticket for driving with a suspended license and having no insurance. I paid that off. Then about 2 months ago, I got into a car accident and a cop showed up on the scene. I had to let him know my whole situation. He said I would only be getting another ticket in the mail but now 2 months later, I find out I have an arrest warrant for driving with a suspended license. I need to work to pay my bills and rent. If I do time, I'm scared my family will be burdened by my bills and me not being able to help out on the rent. I understand I shouldn't have been driving but I was dumb though I could get away with just going to work since I couldn't afford not to go. Since the accident, I've learned a lot and I hate that that had to happen for me to get it. I haven't driven and I've decided to focus on paying off my bills and save money to get my family a home. I've been trying to stay positive and just got a raise at work. I really thought things were getting better and that I could start focusing on my goals after all my bills are paid off but yesterday, I got my arrest warrant and I'm thinking of going to a bails bond company on Monday.
Jeff Fengcheng Yeh
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Oct 20th, 2017 at 7:09 PM
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can begin to address the PV and the new case.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters