If I was caught shoplifting, is there any way that I can get out of this situation without going into the court?

Asked on Sep 04th, 2017 on Criminal Law - California
More details to this question:
I am 25 years old and caught doing shoplifting and I had gave their product back after they caught me though they inform police. Now I have to go into the court in 3 months.
Report Abuse
Jeff Fengcheng Yeh
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
0 recommendation
1 client review
Answered on Nov 06th, 2017 at 6:40 AM
No. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted it will really hurt your school/employment aspirations. You should talk to a lawyer, who may be able to work out a deal with the Judge whereby you can earn yourself a dismissal.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters