How do I stop a no contact order if I'm not pursuing the case?

Asked on Aug 08th, 2017 on Criminal Law - California
More details to this question:
My boyfriend was arrested for assault on me. I didn't want to press any charges but the DA continued. Now they have a no contact order. My question is what do I do to remove it?
Jeff Fengcheng Yeh
Partner at
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Oct 20th, 2017 at 7:54 AM
You can't. It's out of your hands. Couples reconcile all the time, and no DA will drop charges or the order simply because the victim has had a change of heart. He need a good lawyer.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters