How do I get the charge removed from my record, or how do I get the dismissal on the record even though the county court has no record of it?

Asked on Feb 13th, 2013 on Expungements - Michigan
More details to this question:
I was accused of domestic violence and taken into police custody overnight. The following day the judge dismissed the case. Now during a background check with the State Police, it is showing up as a charge/arrest only. I contacted the county courthouse and they do not even have a record of the charge/arrest or the subsequent dismissal.
Answered on Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:57 PM
There is a way to have an arrest converted to a detention. It involves getting the police agency or DA to agree to factual innocence.

Report Abuse
John F. Brennan
Partner at
  • 5.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
no client reviews
AV Preeminent
Answered on Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Arrest records actually mean nothing as the are an accusation, not a conviction. See an attorney it it matters enough to you to pay the fees necessary to attempt to remove it.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters