How can I remove a drug charge from my criminal record?

Asked on Feb 23rd, 2011 on Criminal Law - Ohio
More details to this question:
I was picked up for a heroin possession charge but was not convicted since I worked for the police as an informant. But it still shows on my background when employers do a background check. It just shows a possession of heroin charge but no disposition. How do I remove this?
Report Abuse
  • 3.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
no client reviews
CV Notable
Answered on Feb 25th, 2011 at 3:28 PM
In Ohio, a person who is not convicted of an offense may move the court to seal the records of the case. (This is true even if they have other offenses which would bar expungement of a conviction.) The court then has the discretion to seal the case, which would have the effect of removing it from an ordinary criminal record check.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters