Can you get a medical marijuana card thru Skype?

Asked on Mar 02nd, 2013 on Criminal Law - California
I live in Huntington Beach California. I was just wondering if I went to a clinic who gives recommendations thru Skype, is it legal? This clinic has a nurse who does the blood pressure weight and height then you go talk to a doctor on Skype.
  • 5.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
Answered on Mar 06th, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Can you get a medical marijuana card thru Skype? Probably. I'm sure some dispensary will sell you whatever you want, but don t believe what they tell about it being legal and valid. CA has an actual official medical marijuana card issued upon doctor s certification of medical need. Not many people have one. Local dispensaries will sell you a card, which is not CA official, but both are frequently accepted by local police to avoid an arrest for small possession. Neither is honored by the feds . It is a Politically Correct fiction in California only, not binding upon federal law enforcement or courts.

Answered on Mar 05th, 2013 at 4:31 AM
That is suspect. Why can't you go to visit a MMJ Dr. In person?

4.4/5.0
Answered on Mar 05th, 2013 at 4:31 AM
I don't know how this could work. Your description makes me wonder if this clinic is probably in violation of several CA laws.

Answered on Mar 05th, 2013 at 4:31 AM
You can but its not a good idea. If you need the doctor to testify at court how would you do that? Can he really evaluate you online? How will he take your blood pressure?

Answered on Mar 05th, 2013 at 4:30 AM
A rec is only as good as the doctor who shows up in court to testify on your behalf. If you have no prior relationship with the doctor and he doesn't seem "legit", a jury is likely to find that your rec is a total sham. It's best to pay a little more and use a reliable doctor that you trust.