Can I appeal my harassment charge because of new evidence in New York?

Asked on Mar 24th, 2011 on Criminal Law - New York
More details to this question:
I was charged with hunter harassment in Dec. I was in a town court where I represented myself. Can I appeal on the account of new evidence? I have a video that will prove my innocence. What paperwork do I file? I live in New York
  • 4.9/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
no client reviews
AV Preeminent
Answered on Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Did you plead guilty; were you convicted after trial. You may be able to file a Criminal Procedure Law 440 motion. Did you have access to the video before? Representing yourself is not a good idea. I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me if you wish to retain counsel.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters