Can a bails bondsman revoke bond once disposition is made?

Asked on Mar 13th, 2013 on Criminal Law - California
I have a family member who was arrested do to traffic warrants. Her grandmother bonded her out on the tickets (had warrants lifted) paying only 1/2 of the 10% paying the rest out in installments. My family member then a month after went to court two ticket she received time served the third was set up on a payment plan. Since disposition has been made is there still a breech in contract since the case is no longer active.
Answered on Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:58 PM
The money is owed. There is a breach of contract. The bondsman can sue for the remainder of his money.

MB
Michael J. Breczinski
  • 3.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
3.0/5.0
CV Notable
Answered on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Well the bondsman can't throw the person in jail but can sue for the balance owed.

Answered on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:28 AM
The grandmother signed a contract with the bondsman that is separate from your action. She is still on the hook to fulfill the contract terms.

Answered on Mar 13th, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Not sure I understand the question. Your bondsman did what you hired him to do (he posted your bond). Now you are asking whether or not you still have to pay him? Yes, if he performed his end of the deal by posting your bond, you must perform your end of the deal by paying off the rest of the installments.

John F. Brennan
  • 5.0/5.0
  • 0
  • 1
5.0/5.0
Answered on Mar 13th, 2013 at 3:56 PM
The bail bondsman is still due his fees, and will most certainly take action to collect them if necessary.