I'm trying to determine what kind of lawyer I need, Iam thinking wither consumer protection or consumer fraud, can someone explain the difference

Asked on Oct 09th, 2018 on Consumer Law - Florida
More details to this question:
Vehicle put in for repair in Oct 2015, work completed in July 2017, full payment made of over 11k mechanic refused to release vehicle or paperwork detailing what was/was not done. Retrieved vehicle with help of a locksmith (keys to door were lost by mechanic) cannot get paperwork and there is still substantial issues with vehicle. Allegedly waiting for a part mechanic says is not available anywhere but was located online within minutes
Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 10th, 2018 at 7:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal such a frustrating situation.  To answer your question, your situation falls a little into both categories.  As I can only speak as to the facts I have here, it sounds like you may have a claim based on Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act (see FL Statutes, Chapter 559, Part IX).  You may also have a claim under Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.  Most civil litigation attorneys should be able to provide you some consultation in the area and perhaps find that you do have a claim.  I would advise seeking out a consultation so that you can discuss the details in a confidential environment and get all of your options.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters