Will get into legal trouble if I promote my daycare with a name that's different from my registered LLC?

Asked on Jan 02nd, 2019 on Business Law - New York
I want to promote my first business but I am very worried that by promoting a name that's different from my registered LLC (done in the state of NY) will attract problems.
Answered on Jan 06th, 2019 at 1:44 PM
Only if someone else has the name.  There are also requirements for disclosing your real name on signage, etc.

• 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on Jan 02nd, 2019 at 4:06 PM
You do not need to do business under the name of the entity operating the business.  For example, a restaurant called "Brown's Diner" may well be owned and operated by an entity named "XYX Diner Corporation."  However, you may have to register your d/b/a certificate (standing for "doing business as") in the jurisdiction in which the business is located adn there may be a fee to pay, and of course the name you use cannot infringe on someone else's trademark.