Is there a statute of limitations regarding how long a Company can bill you for a past invoice?

Asked on Oct 11th, 2017 on Business Law - Oklahoma
I've received a Bill ($160.00) for shipping charges. The Bill is over 2 years old. The Bill was never sent by the company. It was overlooked. Company is now seeking payment from myself. Secondly, the "ship to address", is not in my data base. In other words I didn't have any item shipped to the address they are trying to bill me for.
  • 0/5.0
  • 0
Answered on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:53 AM
The company is claiming that you breached a contract by failing to pay for shipping charges.  Each jurisdiction has a statute of limitations on a breach of contract claim, but as far as I know it is more than 2 years everywhere in the US.  I don't know what jurisdiction's law applies to your situation, but he Oklahoma statute of limitations for breach of a written contract is 5 years from breach.