what do I do to aply for getting free from my debts

Asked on Oct 24th, 2018 on Bankruptcy - California
More details to this question:
I'm a senior citizen that lives on SSI and gets $1245/month my credit card debts reached the amount of $17,600.00 and that's not counting the regular payments (rent, utilities, food etc)
Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 24th, 2018 at 6:04 PM
The first step is to have a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney in your state.   If you have no assets and SSI is your only income,  you are judgment-proof and probably do not need to file bankruptcy, although you can if you want to avoid the annoying phone calls and collection attempts. I offer free initial phone consultations if you are interested.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters