I am about 5 months behind on my payments to my trustee.....can I get reinstated? I was making my payments until I switched jobs and did not followup

Asked on Nov 14th, 2018 on Bankruptcy - California
More details to this question:
I filed chapter 13, I have only one year to go on payments but I fell 5 months behind...I believe I can make up the payments
Report Abuse
Answered on Nov 19th, 2018 at 5:10 PM
Here in the Central District of California you can file a Motion to Modify Your Plan or Suspend Plan payments.   Has the Trustee already filed a Motion to Dismiss your case?  If so, you must also respond to that.  You need to discuss all this with your bankruptcy attorney as they are in the best position to advise you on how to catch up on your payments.   It depends on what your budget is, what your plan percentage is, and other factors.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters