How would bankruptcy help me in my predicament

Asked on Mar 12th, 2019 on Bankruptcy - Oklahoma
I have several layers of problems, I guess first I need to start with the business. My husband and I owned a small motel, we had it since January of 2000. In 2010 my sciatic nerve went out and couldn’t do anything for two months in that time I became depressed, going to Amarillo Texas to have shots in my back for the pain. Then my husband in 2012 was diagnosed with musuonous carcenoma of the appendix which is a incurable cancer. I retired in July 2012 to take care of him. In the meantime I had a manager to run the business. My husband died in 2013 then everything went down hill from there. I made bad decisions that has got me in deep debt and I just don’t know how to get out of it. My motel has been foreclosed, vehicle repossessed, Judgements against me and I just don’t know what to do anymore, in 2016 I had a breakdown and just can’t get my life back anymore. I owe so much from the motel and myself personally I just don’t know what to do.
Answered on Mar 12th, 2019 at 12:25 PM
Very sorry to hear about all your issues.  It sounds like bankruptcy would be  very good option to eliminate your debts and start to rebuild your credit and eliminate the pressure you have from your creditors. You should have a consultation with an experienced bankruptcy attorney in your area.