How to file for bankruptcy in my previous state.

Asked on Dec 10th, 2018 on Bankruptcy - New York
More details to this question:
I recently moved to a different state. I need to file for bankruptcy. Do I have to physically go back to my previous state. Or can I file where I am now and send it to my previous state?
Report Abuse
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 6:57 AM
To file, you must physically attend a creditors meeting in the place of filing.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters