Asked on Dec 10th, 2018 on Bankruptcy - New York
More details to this question:
Ive recently move and need to file for bankruptcy. Do I physically go to my previous state to file or can I do it where I am and send it? Plezse help please email I have no phone.
Report Abuse
no peer reviews
no client reviews
Answered on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 6:56 AM
The law is you must file in the state you have lived for the most of the last 180 days or where your property is located.  Depending on the amount, and what your IDs say, this may or may not be an issue.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters