About This FirmSpringfield, MO, Attorneys Dedicated to Client Service
Providing small firm attention with big firm resources
Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law LLC has served the Springfield area since 1974. Our attorneys live and work in Springfield, and they care about advancing the interests of individuals, businesses and organizations, large and small, throughout the community.
Conveniently located in the Hammons Tower in the heart of the downtown business district, our firm has more than 17 attorneys with broad experience in a wide range of practice areas. At the same time, Lowther Johnson takes pride in providing personal service to every client. We know that one size does not fit all, so we create solutions that meet your unique needs.
A full-service law firm that can take on any legal challenge
Lowther Johnson's clients range from individuals and small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and local governments. The benefits of choosing our firm to address your legal needs include:
- Top-rated attorneys - The firm and several of our attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell AV®, the definitive guide to the most distinguished lawyers and law firms in America. The ratings attest to our attorneys' high ethical standards and professional ability, based on evaluations by judges and other members of the bar.
- Deep roots - Lowther Johnson has been serving the Springfield area for nearly 40 years. We live here, and we work here. Our attorneys are active in the local community, serving on local boards and volunteering with community organizations. Our clients choose Lowther Johnson because we understand them and their needs in a way that an out-of-town firm could not.
- Substantial resources - In addition to our 17 attorneys, we have an experienced support staff to help advance your case. Our attorneys come from varied backgrounds in business, banking, education, real estate, government and law enforcement. We know the law, but we also know how this community works.
- Client advocacy - We fight long and hard for our clients. You retain an attorney because you need someone to get a result that you would have a hard time achieving on your own. We find it personally rewarding when our experience and knowledge help clients achieve their goals. That's why we do what we do.
- Fearless litigators - Our attorneys know when we can achieve the best solution by negotiating the settlement of a case, and when it's time to shift gears and head for court. Several of our attorneys are former prosecutors, so they have had daily litigation experience. This helps us develop strategies that give our clients a leg up in the courtroom.
Areas of Law
- Banking Law
- Corporate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Creditors' Rights
- Education Law
- Family Law
- Government Law
- Labor and Employment
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Traffic Law
- Workers' Compensation.
- Estate Litigation
Overall Client Ratingin Bankruptcy and Real Estate4.0 out of 5.0Communication Ability4.0Responsiveness4.6Quality of Service3.8Value for Money3.8
- Data based on 6 reviews
- Recommended by 4 Clients
- Last reviewed on 06/28/13
Average Peer RatingBased on this firm's rated lawyers4.4 out of 5.0Legal Knowledge4.3Analytical Capabilities4.1Judgement4.4Communication Ability4.2Legal Experience4.1
- Lawyers rated at this firm meet very high criteria of general ethical standards
People at This Firm
Legal Community ActivityShow:
- All activity
- RSS Feed
Firm DetailsYear Established1975Firm Size17Payment Information
ClientsAmerigas, L.P.; Bank of Urbana; Branson Bank; Citizens National Bank; City of Springfield; City Utilities Employees Credit Union; Commerce Bank; Concrete Company of Springfield; Evergreen Investments; First National Bank of Mt. Vernon; Forest Institute of Professional Psychology; Great American Title Company; Greenlawn Funeral Homes; Greene County, Missouri; Heritage Bank of the Ozarks; John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts; Kraft America Credit Union; KO Manufacturing; Leggett & Platt, Inc.; Lester E. Cox Medical Centers; Mid-Missouri Bancshares; Regions Bank; Southern Bank of Marshfield; Shelter Insurance.ClientsGENERAL COUNSEL FOR: Greater Springfield Board of Realtors and Multi-List of Springfield.ClientsGENERAL DISTRICT COUNSEL FOR: Sears & Roebuck & Co.
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Fixed Hourly Rates