About This Firm
Andrus has a distinguished and long-standing reputation for providing world-class legal service exclusively in the area of intellectual property law. The firm was founded in 1939 when Elwin A. Andrus resigned his position as patent counsel to A.O. Smith Corporation to enter private practice in Milwaukee specializing in patent law. In 1941, Merl E. Sceales joined the firm and the firm subsequently became known as Andrus & Sceales. By 1952, Glenn O. Starke and Eugene R. Sawall had joined the firm and the practice continued to grow. In 1968, the firm was renamed Andrus, Sceales, Starke & Sawall. Today, the Andrus name still signifies high quality and affordable legal representation.
During its history, the firm has represented individuals, small businesses, and major corporations. The firm has continued to expand and now represents many other major multi-national clients from the U.S., Europe, Australia and the Far East.
- United States
- Foreign Patent
- Copyright Practice
People at This Firm
Mercury Marine, Sea Ray and Life Fitness Divisions of Brunswick Corp.; Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation; Fleetguard, Inc.; Marquip Ward United Division of Barry-Wehmiller Companies; Great Northern Corporation; Serigraph, Inc.; Gehl Company, Inc.; Borregaard LignoTech; Pentair Filtration, Everpure amd SHURflo Divisions of Pentair, Inc.; Bou-Matic; Alkar-RapidPak; Bostik, Inc.; Dorner Mfg. Co., Inc.; Precision Devices, Inc.; Alcoa Consumer Products; Invensys; PDQ Manufacturing, Inc.; S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.; Flow International Corp.; GE Healthcare; Auburn University.