About This FirmEstablished in 1995, Corpus Legal Practitioners was inspired by a burning desire to respond to the increasing demand for quality corporate legal services in Zambia. Today, we continue to live up to our purpose of offering world class legal services to local, regional and international clients.
Corpus Legal Practitioners' core competences lie in the provision of professional legal services to the corporate world and this is made feasible through the expertise offered in our 4 operating structured departments, namely:
- Banking & Finance - headed by Sharon Sakuwaha, Partner
- Corporate Advisory headed by Mabvuto Sakala, Partner in Charge and Jacqueline Cornhill Jhala, Head of Department
- Dispute Resolution - headed by Sydney Chisenga, Partner
- Real Estate & Construction - headed by Namakuzu Shandavu, Head of Department
In addition, we have seven specialised practice groups:
- Energy Mining & Infrastructure - headed by Charles Mkokweza, Senior Partner
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications - also headed by Sydney Chisenga, Partner
- Tax Law - also headed by Jacqueline Cornhill Jhala, Head of Department
- Competition Law - also headed by Sydney Chisenga, Partner
- Employment Law - headed by Mabvuto Sakala, Partner
- Intellectual Property - also headed by Namakuzu Shandavu, Head of Department
- Mergers & Acquisitions - also headed by Sharon Sakuwaha, Partner
The specialised practice groups enable our dedicated professionals acquire a unique and intimate understanding of the technical and commercial requirements of our clients and allows us to offer our clients specialised advice unrivalled by any law firm in Zambia.
We aim to be the market leader in the provision of legal services to corporate clients with business interests in the region by offering a professional, client centred quality service with passion and integrity.
Each of the firm's top tier leaders heads a team of industry-focused and talented young lawyers. We currently have a 31 member professional team which is backed by a dedicated team of 14 support staff each of whom are qualified and specialised in their own right.
It is our provision of consistent, client focused and high quality legal services that have made Corpus a natural choice for a number of leading corporate entities. We are privileged to be associated with an impressive array of industry leaders in Mining, Manufacturing, Energy, Telecommunications, Banking and Financial Services. Our clients include, Barrick Gold, Albidon Mining Limited, First Quantum Minerals, Vedanta Resources Plc, Lin Q Capital Limited, Vale SA, Tranter, FirstRand Bank, China Non-Ferrous Metal Mining (Group) Company Limited, First National Bank Zambia Limited, Accenture, BHP Billiton, Anglo American Exploration, Konkola Copper Mines, Lafarge Cement, Illovo, CEC, Total, MTN, Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited, Super Group, Kingdom Hotels, Standard Bank, Barclays Bank, General Cable, Orient Express, Anglo American Corporation Plc and CDC Group Plc.
We also represent a number of humanitarian organisations, such as Valid Nutrition Zambia, Room to Read, Grass Roots Soccer South Africa, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Centre for Infectious Disease Research Zambia, Maternal Infant Health Initiative and Mothers2Mothers Zambia.
Our Business Approach
Our business strategy is underpinned by our aspiration to be the region's premier law practice. We aim to achieve this by striving to match the world's best practices and by continuously improving the way in which we work, through investment in process optimistic training and technology. We strive to create a work environment that primes our people to meet client's legal and commercial needs by offering practical, timely and incisive advice.
Each team member at Corpus is drilled to merge our mission and our business approach when interpreting and acting on client instructions by adhering to the following three principal guidelines:
- The service provision must match global standard;
- The service must be commercially intelligent to address the impact of any existing policy, law on the commercial objectives of the client; and
- The advice must be kept current.
Since 1998 Corpus has been a member of Lex Africa, an exclusive network of leading Law Firms in Africa. We are also members of the World Services Group which is a network of prominent international firms with the highest reputation within the business community.
Further, the firm has since December 2000 been part of the Denton Wilde Sapte (DWS) network of associated offices in Africa; a leading UK law firm (headquartered in the City of London) with over 14 offices and associated firms across the UK, Europe, Middle East, CIS and Africa. In September 2010, DWS merged with Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal (SNR) and is now an international legal practice called SNR Denton UK LLP (headquartered in the cities of London and Washington D.C,) currently serving clients in 60 locations across the US,UK, Europe, the Middle East, Russia and the CIS Asia Pacific and Africa.
Since our establishment, we have undertaken several important projects including the following more recent ones:
Banking and Financial Services
- Advisors to Standard Chartered Bank and Food Reserve Agency for a US$140,000,000 Facility
- Advisor to Standard Bank, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and other international banks on their participation in the derivatives market in Zambia
- Advisors to Equinox Minerals Limited with respect to the Lumwana Copper/Gold Project which involved the project financing and subsequently the refinancing of the largest single mining project in Africa
- Advisors to International Mineral Resources and Commit Resources FZE in respect of a [amount] facility to Chambishi Metals Plc
- Advisors to DBSA (Development Bank of Southern Africa) and Zambian IP Border Crossing Company Ltd in respect of the Kasumbalesa Public-Private Partnership Project
- Advisors to Standard Chartered Bank Dubai over the financing of up to US$ 167,000,000 to Afgri Commodities and Finance Fze.
- Advisors to Standard Chartered Bank London and Development Bank of South Africa regarding financing of US$ 300,000,000 for Konkola Copper Mines Plc
- Advisor to Government involving legal and technical input on the restructuring of Zambia National Commercial Bank Limited, the largest commercial bank in Zambia which is also state owned.
- Advisors to ICICI Bank Limited (India) in respect of a US$50,000,000 facility to Konkola Copper Mines Plc.
- Advisors to the European Investment Bank in respect of a €7,600,000 project finance facility to Zesco Limited's Kariba North II Hydro-electricity power project.
- Advisors to African Export-Import Bank for a US$30,000,000 trade facility to Greenbelt Fertilizers Limited.
- Advisors to investment banker Morgan & Stanley in respect of the enforceability of the ISDA architecture documentation in Zambia.
- Advisors to Western Union Financial Services in respect of the Zambian payment systems.
- Advisors to Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA) on a comprehensive review of Zambian laws that may impact interests in financial assets in Zambia.
- Advisors to Investec relating to the financing of an acquisition by Farmers House Plc, a property investment company, of a shopping mall.
- Advisors to Standard Chartered Bank on a US$1,000,000,000 facility to First Quantum's Kansanshi Mines plc
Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Services
- Advisors to Equinox Minerals Limited on the US$7 billion takeover of Equinox Minerals by Barrick Gold
- Advisors to the Industrialisation Fund for Developing Countries and the Danish African Development Company on the US$34 million acquisition of their interest in Somawhe Estates Limited by Chobe Agrivision Company Limited.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 6
- Advisor to Vale SA on the proposed acquisition of Metorex, a South African incorporated entity with majority interest Chibuluma underground copper mine and Sable Zinc processing facility in Zambia.
- Advisor to Jinchuan on the acquisition of Metorex (following the failure of the attempt by Vale) with majority interest Chibuluma underground copper mine and Sable Zinc processing facility in Zambia
- Advisor to BP PLC UK on the disposal of its 75 percent interest in BP Zambia PLC.
- Advisor to Standard Chartered Bank UK on the acquisition of the Barclays Bank Zambia Plc custody business in Zambia.
- Advisor to International Mineral Resources on the sale of 90 per cent stake in Chambeshi Metals PLC to Eurasian Mineral Resources.
- Advisors to Sabre Capital Worldwide on acquisition of Intermarket Banking Corporation Zambia Limited
- Advisor to Wal-Mart on the acquisition of 51 per cent share capital in Massmart (Game Stores).
- Advisors to Barrick Gold's development of the Lumwana multi facility economic zone (MFEZ).
- Provision of legal advice to Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd on the establishment of a multimillion re-manufacturing plant in Zambia.
General Corporate Advisory Services
- Advisor to Arcelor Mittal (SA) Limited on the establishment of a roofing materials manufacturing plant in Zambia
- Advisor to JT International SA on the establishment of a tobacco business operation in Zambia.
- Advising Xiangguang, a Chinese miner, on the registration of Xiangguang Mining Zambia Limited and on the establishment of a mining business operation in Zambia.
- Advisor to Vale SA on the establishment of a mining exploration business in Zambia
- Advisor to China Non-Ferrous Metals Corporation (CNMC) a Chinese state owned metals group, on the restructuring and reorganization of its Zambian asset portfolio (i.e. Luanshya Copper Mines, Chambishi Copper Smelting Limited, Sino Metals Leach Plant Limited, Chambishi Copper Smelter Limited and NFC Africa Mining Plc), into an offshore holding company and the subsequent listing of the offshore holding company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by way of an IPO to raise about US$500 million. CNMC is the first foreign mining firm to list a local Zambian asset on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advisors to International Mineral Resources on the sale of mining assets in Zambia
- Advisors to Vedanta Resources Plc (owners of Konkola Copper Mines Plc) in the acquisition of Anglo Zinc Units mining assets in Skorpion Mine in Namibia, 74% stake in Black Mountain Mine of South Africa and Lisheen Mine in Ireland for the value of US$1.34billion
- Advisor to Anvil Mining of Australia on their bid for the acquisition of Kansanshi Mine.
- Advisor to Pretoria Portland Cement on various acquisition prospects in Zambia.
- Advisor to Metorex Consortium on the closing of the transaction for the purchase of Chibuluma Mine.
- Advisor to Reunion Mining plc on the intended acquisition of Mufulira Mine, Smelter Concentrator and Refinery.
- Advisor to Anglovaal Minerals in relation to various mining asset acquisitions and legal advisor to local subsidiary.
- Advisor to Anglo American Corporation of South Africa Limited on the acquisition of Konkola Copper Mines plc.
- Advisor to Equinox Minerals on the establishment of Lumwana mine in Zambia;
- Advisor to Albidon Limited on the establishment of Munali nickel mine in Zambia
- Advisor to BHP Billiton on their exploration works and acquisition prospects in Zambia.
- Advisor to Berkeley Mineral Resources Plc on the acquisition of 76% interest in Pine Works Limited
- Advisor to Berkeley Mineral Resources Plc on their acquisition of Alberg and Silverlining (formerly ZCCM-IH Kabwe Zinc mine)
- Advisor to Vale Exploration Zambia Limited on the acquisition of various prospects in Zambia.
- Advisor to First Quantum Minerals Limited on the acquisition of Sentinel and Enterprise projects in Zambia.
- Advisor to First Quantum Minerals Limited on the disposal to Eurasian Mineral Resources of assets connected to Frontier mining operations in Congo DRC.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 7
Oil and Gas
- Advisor to Tullow (EA) Holdings Limited on the acquisition of prospective plots in the recently opened oil fields in Zambia.
- Advisor to Oando Plc in respect of proposed acquisition of oil exploration rights held by Exile Zambia.
- Advisor to Meridian Capital (CIS) Fund in relation to a proposed joint venture for oil and gas exploration in Zambia.
Transport and Logistics
- Advisors to Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation Plc on the reorganisation of the Sabot Group of Companies which operates a trucking and logistics business in Africa.
- Advisor to the Millennium Challenge Corporation of the United States of America on the funding and implementation of a compact with Government to comprehensively overhaul and redevelop the urban water supply, reticulation and sewerage system for Lusaka.
- Advisor to Development Bank of Southern Africa on the construction and development of the Kasumbalesa border project under a Public-Private Project arrangement.
- Advisor to Super Group on the establishment of a dry port under a Public-Private Project arrangement.
- Advisor to Grinaker LTA on a multimillion United States dollar insurance claim relating to the construction of 200km stretch of trunk road to the Copperbelt Province of Zambia.
- Advisor to Edlow Resources relating to the construction of the Chipata/Mchinji Railine between Zambia and Malawi.
Employment and Labour Matters
- Advisor to a wide variety of corporate and individual clients in all sectors of the economy on employment matters including:
-- drafting of contracts of service.
-- preparation of legal opinions on termination of contracts of employment.
-- negotiations relating to collective agreements and the collective bargaining process.
-- industrial relations and union membership and recognition agreements.
-- review of expatriate's employment contract.
- Advisors to BHP Billiton World Exploration in respect of the Zambian labour law and regulatory framework.
- Key advisors to Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd in relation to the employment of expatriate staff.
- Advisor on various employee share option schemes on behalf of Lafarge S.A, Total S.A, Barclays Bank (UK) and BP PLC (UK).
Capital Markets and Securities Transactions
- Advisor to First Quantum Minerals Limited on the first ever listing of depository receipts in Zambia on the local bourse, the Lusaka Stock Exchange.
- Advisor on the offer for sale and listing of Chilanga Cement plc, the first company to be listed on the Lusaka Stock Exchange.
- Advisor to the Lusaka Stock Exchange on the adequacy of investor protection laws in the event of a winding up of the Lusaka Stock Exchange or a member broker.
- Advisor to the Capital Markets and Securities Authority of Tanzania on the relevant legal framework for the development of the Dar es Salaam stock exchange.
- Advisor to BP Zambia plc on the establishment of an Employee Share Ownership Scheme for investment by local employees in shares in the United Kingdom holding company.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 8
- Advisor to the Lusaka Stock Exchange on the preparation of the current listing rules and standards and the harmonization process of the listing rules under the auspices of SADC
- Advisor to Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Limited on the establishment of an investment subsidiary and the implications of this with regard to local securities laws.
- Advisor to General Cable on the acquisition of a further stake in Zamefa PLC on the Lusaka Stock Exchange secondary market.
- Advisor to Vedanta Resources on a US1.65 billion bond listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advisor to Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC on the legal framework in Zambia relating to the provision of brokerage services in Zambia with regard to securities regulation issues as well as consequential tax issues.
- Advisor to Standard Chartered Bank on the private placement of Zambia's first ever Sovereign Euro Board.
- Advisor to African Banking Corporation Zambia Limited on the establishment and placement of a corporate note programme.
- Advisor to Unilever plc on the acquisition of majority shares in ROP Limited, a leading manufacturer of soaps, detergents and edible oils.
- Advisor to the Zambia Privatisation Agency on the development of proposals for private sector investment in Kafue Gorge Lower Hydroelectricity Project.
- Advisor to African Oxygen Limited in relation to the acquisition of majority shares in Zambia Oxygen Limited.
- Advisor to Nitro Nobel on their acquisition of majority shares in Zambia Detonators Limited (since re-named Dyno Nobel Zambia Limited).
- Legal Consultants to Zesco Limited on the intended acquisition of the Power Division of Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines Limited.
- Advisor to Zimbabwe Sugar Resources Corporation on the acquisition of Kabwe Industrial Fabrics Limited.
- Advisor to Zambia Privatisation Agency on the divestiture of Zambian National Commercial Bank Plc and eventual sale of a portion of Government stake to Rabobank.
Research and Consultancy Projects
- Advisor to the Technical Working Group on investment laws affecting the implementation of the Cross Border Initiative in Zambia sponsored by the European Commission, IMF, Africa Development Bank and World Bank.
- Legal Consultants to the Department of Technical Education and Vocational Training in the Ministry of Science, Technology and Vocational Training on the harmonisation of policy and legislation affecting the implementation of the Technical Education Vocational Entrepreneurship Training Policy.
- Legal Consultants to Smec International (Pty) Limited, Consultants to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Vocational Training on the preparation of an appropriate structure for the implementation of the proposed approach to the management of vocational education and training.
- Advisor to Government on the implementation of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) in Zambia.
- Legal Advisor to Sinazongwe Energy Corporation Limited in relation to the establishment, development and operation of 300MW coal to power thermal electricity project in Zambia under a joint venture with Copperbelt Electricity Company Plc.
- Legal Advisor to SN Power ACA Holdings Pte Limited on the acquisition and subscription of a 50% stake in Lunsemfwa Hydro Power Company Limited.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 9
- Legal Advisor to EMCO Energy Zambia Limited in relation to the establishment, development and operation of a 300MW coal to power thermal electricity project in Zambia project in Sinazongwe.
- Legal Advisor to London Economics and sub-contracted by Nordic Consulting Group to review the options for restructuring the power sector in Zambia under a project funded by the World Bank work which included detailed review of all legislation (past and present) affecting the power sector.
- Advisor to Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited (ZESCO) in relation to the tax implications of the wheeling of power from Democratic Republic of Congo to Zimbabwe through ZESCO's transmission system.
- Advisor to Trans Zambezi Industries Limited on the intended acquisition of a hydro electricity generation plant.
- Advisor to Lunzua Power Authority on the implementation, construction and development of a 210 Hydro-electric power station under a concession granted by Government.
- Conducting a comprehensive search at the Patents and Companies Registry Agency ("PACRA") and undertaking the registration process of the trademark Cargill™ on behalf of Cargill Incorporated.
- Undertaking updating of information on behalf of Doctors Associates Inc for the trademark SUBWAY™ and renewing the trademarks registered within the jurisdiction of Zambia.
- Conducting a comprehensive search at PACRA and undertaking the registration process of the trademark FERMEL™ on behalf of Fermel Pty Limited.
- Conducting a comprehensive search at the PACRA and undertaking the registration process of the trademark SIMBA CEMENT™ on behalf of Tanga Cement Company Limited.
- Undertaking the registration of the trademark SOJA™ on behalf of Gourock Industries Limited and thereafter assigning the trademark to Global Investments Development Limited.
- Attending to the renewal of all trademarks owned by Kapa Oils Refineries Limited.
- Registration of numerous trademarks and patents on behalf of foreign based entities.
- Advisor and legal representative of Microsoft Corporation in Zambia.
- Advisor on intellectual property mechanisms for protecting intended projects
- Advisor on the appropriate legal structure for the establishment of Golden Valley Agricultural Research Project.
- Advisor to Steering Committee of the Micro Bankers Trust on the appropriate legal structure for the operation of the Micro Bankers Project.
- Advisor to Swedish International Development Agency on Strategy and Plan for increased funding in the area of "access to justice".
- Advisor to Care Pulse/Project operated under the auspices of Care International.
- Advisor to Norsad on project finance activities in Zambia.
- Advisors to successful litigation outcome between African Alliance and Barclays Bank (Vehicle Finance).
- Advisors to First Quantum Minerals in a dispute with the Zambia Revenue Authority
- Advisors to Equinox Zambia Limited in litigation involving prospecting license over Dola Hill
- Advisors to Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited in a matter in which Stanbic Bank successfully sued Trade Kings Limited for breach of forward exchange contract resulting from damages of approximately K12,000,000,000 (US$2,300,000);
- Advisors to Zamtel in respect of a dispute relating to the investigations into the sale of Zamtel and attending public sessions regarding the investigations into the sale of Zamtel.
- Advisors to Zamtel with regard to dispute arising from the termination of IRU agreement by ZESCO.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 10
Real Estate & Construction
- Advisors to Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Company Limited in relation to the establishment and operation of a modern re-manufacturing factory estate.
- Advisors to Liberty Group Properties Development Limited in respect of the development, construction and operation of the Levy junction shopping mall, office park and residential estate.
- Advisors to Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited in relation to the financing of Manda Hill shopping mall expansion project.
- Advisors to Standard Bank in respect of financing Farmers House Plc's acquisition of Arcades shopping mall.
- Advisors to First Quantum Mining and Operations Limited in respect of acquisition of various pieces of property in Zambia
- Advisors to Total Zambia Limited and Total Aviation and Export Limited with respect to the purchase and sale of various properties
- Advisors to Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited, Barclays Bank Zambia Plc and Standard Chartered Bank on preparation and registration of security documents with regards to numerous mortgage facilities availed to its retail customers
- Advisors to First National Bank Zambia Limited with respect to the review of various lease agreements entered into for its various bank operations.
- Advisors to Barclays Bank Zambia Plc on the integrity of construction agreements and related documents offered as security for the construction, development and operation of multimillion United States Dollar shopping mall in the Copperbelt province of Zambia.
- Advisor to CDC Group Plc on the disposal of the largest single commercial farm operation and business in Zambia.
- Advisor to MTN Zambia Limited in relation the status of a foreign audit report
- Advisor to Tech Mahindra Limited in the provision of legal services with respect to employment and immigration issues
- Advisor to ZTE Corporation (Hong Kong) in the registration of a new entity and provision of full corporate governance compliance services.
- Advisors in the MTN Zambia Limited and Zain Zambia (major players in the telecommunications sectors in Zambia) interconnection rate negotiations.
- Advisor to MTN Zambia Limited on the divestiture of share interest to Zambians and Zambian entities as a license condition requirement.
- Advisor to an investor on the importation and sale of telecommunication equipment in Zambia.
- Advisor to the purchase and acquisition transaction of Zamtel by LapGreenN following divestiture of the company under the privation process.
- Advisor to MTN on the acquisition of majority stake in Telecel Zambia Limited.
- Advisor to Vodacom on the acquisition of internet services provider Iconnect Zambia Limited
- Local counsel and competition law advisor to Total Zambia Limited regarding an aviation joint facility with another local company in relation to a dispute arising from change of control.
- Local counsel for the Jinchuan Group in respect of the competition approval for the takeover of Metorex Limited resulting in the takeover of Chibuluma Mines Plc.
- Advisor to China Non Ferrous Metals in respect of competition issues arising from the re-organisation of the group of companies.
- Advisor to Shoden Data Systems (Proprietary Limited and Hitachi Data Systems Europe Holdings BV in respect of the grant of negative clearance by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.
- Advisor to FirstRand Limited on competition issues regarding the intended purchase of shares in Finance Bank Zambia Limited.
Corpus Legal Practitioners 11
- Advisors to United Phosphorous Limited in respect of the 70% purchase of shares in Cropserve Zambia Limited.
- Advisor to Equinox Minerals Limited and obtaining competition approval from the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission in respect to the takeover of Equinox by Barrick Incorporated.
- Advisors to Western Union in respect of competition related issues.
- Advisors of JTI International on all competition related matters.
- Advisor to BP Southern Africa on a dispute with Zambia Revenue Authority involving the misclassification of a solvent.
- Advisor to Albidon on whether income derived from hedging ought to be subject to taxation.
- Advisor to Equinox on the implication of change in legislation on concession agreement.
- Advisor to First Quantum Mining on the implication of change in legislation on concession agreement.
- Advisor to Millennium Challenge Corporation on the mechanisms of obtaining tax exemptions.
- Advisor to CNMC involving its compliance under large tax payer's policy requirements.
- Advisor to Liberty Properties on tax obligations as manager of Levy Park Junction shopping, office and residential estate.
Contributors towards publications in the following magazines/features:
- Law Business Research Limited
-- Getting The Deal Through - Mining (2007 to 2010)
-- Getting The Deal Through - Mergers & Acquisitions 2010
-- Getting The Deal Through - Merger Control (2012-2014)
-- Getting The Deal Through - Cartel Regulations (2012)
- Financier Worldwide Magazine
-- Foreign Investment in Zambia article
-- Mergers and Acquisitions article
- Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc
-- Legislation guide - Zambia (IFLR 1000)
-- Legislation Guide Coordination Guidelines - Zambia (IFLR 1000)
- Corporate International
-- Energy & Mining feature
-- Competition Law map
-- Corporate Tax feature
-- Mergers & Acquisitions feature
-- Firm service law firmwide & map - Zambia position
-- Company formations feature
- International Law Office
- International Law Referral
- International Who's Who
- Dacheng Law Offices 2011 contribution
- Financial Times
- World Bank
-- Women, Business and The Law
-- Doing Business Project
-- Investing Across Borders Project
- Lex Africa country reports and media commentaries
Corpus Legal Practitioners 12
- The Global Merger Control Survey - Center for European Law and Economics
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Africa - Center for International Legal Studies
- Globe Law and Business
- Business Monitor
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Project Finance 2012, Zambia chapter
- Chambers Global "General Business and Law" - Charles Mkokweza, ranked under the "Leaders in the field" for 2011 and 2012
- Chambers Global "General Business and Law" - Corpus Legal Practitioners for 2011 and 2012
- DealMakers Global Awards 2011
- Corporate International award winners for 2010
- International Who's Who nomination - Charles Mkokweza
- World Bank: Doing Business Project (in recognition of continuous partnership).
Areas of Law
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Advisory
- Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
- Energy Mining
- Telecommunications Media
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers and Acquisitions
People at This Firm
Legal Community ActivityShow:
- All activity
- RSS Feed
Firm DetailsYear Established1995Firm Size45LanguagesEnglish.ClientsBarrick Gold; Albidon Mining Limited; First Quantum Minerals; Vedanta Resources Plc; Lin Q Capital Limited; Vale SA; Tranter; FirstRand Bank; China Non-Ferrous Metal Mining (Group) Company Limited; First National Bank Zambia Limited; Accenture; BHP Billiton; Anglo American Exploration; Konkola Copper Mines; Lafarge Cement; Illovo; CEC; Total; MTN; Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited; Super Group; Kingdom Hotels; Standard Bank; Barclays Bank; General Cable; Orient Express; Anglo American Corporation Plc; CDC Group Plc; Valid Nutrition Zambia; Room to Read; Grass Roots Soccer South Africa; International HIV/AIDS Alliance; Centre for Infectious Disease Research Zambia; Maternal Infant Health Initiative; Mothers2Mothers Zambia.
Contact InformationFirm AddressCorpus Legal Practitioners
Elunda Office Park, Elunda II, Ground Floor, Stand No. 4645, Addis Ababa Roundabout, Rhodespark, P.O. Box 32115,
ZambiaPhone+260 211 372300 / +260 211 372301 / +260 211 372304 / +260 211 372309Mobile+260 966 861462 / +260 977 790907Fax+260 211 372323