KENTUCKY LAWYERS SERVING ALL OF KENTUCKY'S EMPLOYEES
When you have been wronged by your employer, you may be upset, angry, afraid and sad, sometimes all at the same time. We know that the vast majority of Kentucky employees are hardworking people who take pride in the quality of their work. To be treated unfairly by an employer or to be wrongfully terminated can be devastating.
The attorneys at Abney & McCarty, PLLC have secured millions of dollars for employees throughout Kentucky who have been discriminated against and/or harassed in the workplace. We have successfully represented employees against Fortune 500 companies, as well as state, city and county governments.
At Abney & McCarty, PLLC, we will listen to what happened to you in a free initial consultation, and we know what questions to ask to assess your situation. In some cases, giving you legal and practical advice is all that is required to resolve the problem; in others, we communicate and negotiate with the employer to solve the issues between you. But if necessary, we will not hesitate to protect your rights in court, taking legal action against your employer for discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, interference with protected leaves, whistleblowing and other employment law violations.
We do not charge you to meet with us and discuss your issues. Most of our cases are taken on a contingency basis, meaning in those cases that you don't have to pay attorneys' fees unless we settle your case or win for you at trial.
The purpose of our law firm is to be an advocate for employees and to protect employees who have been victimized by their employers. Our clients depend on us to help right a wrong done by their employer. The attorneys of Abney & McCarty, PLLC may be able to get compensation for you, so that you and your family can regain financial stability and a sense of justice. Contact Abney & McCarty, PLLC for skilled and experienced legal counsel.
We Are Committed to Protecting Employee Rights in the Workplace.
Unlike many law firms that add employment law to a long list of practice areas or squeeze it in to augment their personal injury practice, we practice exclusively in the employment law area. We provide assistance in the following areas:
• Protecting your job while you still have it
• Enforcing your right to protected leaves such as the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Harassment: Sexual harassment is the most common form of harassment, but people also face harassment in the workplace because of their race, religion, age, disability, pregnancy status, or political activities, such as union organizing
• Pursuing a charge of discrimination based on your protected status such as race, age, sex, gender, and disability
• Pursuing a charge of retaliation for engaging in protected conduct such as opposing discrimination or complaining about illegal conduct in the workplace ("whistleblowing")
• Achieving reasonable accommodations for disabled employees
• Negotiating an exit strategy or severance from an existing employer and review of severance agreements
• Non-competition Agreements
• Achieving resolution of employment disputes
• Negotiating new employment contracts
• Wage and hour violations such as failure to pay overtime or minimum wage
• Slander and Defamation
• Violations of the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
• Wrongful Termination in violation of Kentucky's public policy
Contact the Kentucky lawyers of Abney & McCarty, PLLC online or at (502) 895-2626 for a free initial consultation. Case expenses other than attorneys' fees may be the responsibility of the client.
The attorneys at Abney & McCarty, PLLC proudly serve clients throughout Kentucky, including, among other communities, Louisville, Owensboro, Georgetown, Bowling Green, Somerset, Lexington, Richmond, Berea, Shelbyville, Bardstown, Brandenburg, Danville, Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Lebanon, Radcliff, Shepherdsville, Mayfield, Murray, Burlington, Henderson, Glasgow, Madisonville, Independence, Nicholasville, Ashland, Winchester, Middlesbrough, La Grange, New Port, Williamsburg, London, Danville, Covington, Hopkinsville, and Paducah, in the area of Employment Law.