Areas of Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Domestic & International Arbitration/Mediation
- Administrative Law
- State & Federal Regulatory Law
- Corporate & Business Law
- Commerical Litigation
- Project and Corporate Finance Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Employment Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Alternative Energy
- Real Estate Litigation
- School Law
- Post Secondary Education Law
Overall Peer Rating5.0 out of 5.0
No feedback is available.The individuals that have reviewed this lawyer have not provided any additional feedback.
- Meets very high criteria of general ethical standards
Experience & CredentialsPositionMemberAdmission DetailsAdmitted in 1973, Texas Bar
1974, US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
1978, U.S. Supreme Court
2007, US District Court for the Western District of Texas
2001, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
2003, US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
1978, District of ColumbiaCredit Cards AcceptedAdditional Payment InformationFixed Hourly Rates
Fixed Fees AvailableLaw School AttendedUniversity of Texas School of Law
Class of 1973
JD.University AttendedTennessee Tech University
Class of 1967
Tennessee Tech University
Class of 1962
Class of 1956
AA.Special AgenciesU.S. Department of Education; Texas Workforce Commission; Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board; Texas Education Agency.Associations & Memberships
Associations & Memberships
President (2013-2014), Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, American Inns of Court
Director, Treasurer, Vice-President, President, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2004-2009
Member, American Law Institute
fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
fellow and Chartered Arbitrator, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, England
Member, Neutrals' Panel, American Arbitration Association
Member, Neutrals' Panel, American Health Lawyers Association
Member, Neutrals' Panel, CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution
Member, Neutral's Panel, International Centre for Dispute Resolution
Member, London Court of International Arbitration, London, England
Member, ADR Service Council, American Health Lawyers Association
Member, Neutrals' Panel, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Master Mediator, Dispute Resolution Services of Tarrant County
Mediator - Advanced, Texas Mediator Credentialing Association
Mediator - Advanced, Dispute Resolution Services of Tarrant County, Inc.
Member, Texas Association of Mediators
Member, Texas Attorney-Mediators Coalition
Member, Association of Attorney Mediators
Adjunct Professor, Arbitration Procedure and Advocacy, Pepperdine University, Law School, Malibu, California, 2011 and 2013
Adjunct Professor, Introduction to Arbitration, Lipscomb University, Nashville, Tennessee, 2008
Chair, State Bar of Texas ADR Section - 2009 - 2010
Founding Co-Editor, Family Advocate, American Bar Association
Founding Member, Former President of Osteopathic Health Foundation, Ft Worth
Member, Advisory Board, Institute for Transnational Arbitration
Member, DFW Arbitration Group
Director and Executive Committee, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra Association (2005-current)Bar Fellowshipof the College of Commercial Arbitrators.
• Named a "Texas Super Lawyer " for 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. "Super Lawyers" is a Thompson-Reuters service printed in Texas Monthly.
• Named a Top Attorney in Alternative Dispute Resolution 2010; Business & Commerical Litigation 2010; Civil Litigation 2010 by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine.
• Articles & Publications
• John Allen Chalk's article in the November 2012 Arbitration Newsletter discusses a recent Dallas Court of Appeals case on arbitrator disclosure and "evident partiality."
• John Allen Chalk's review of Amoco D.T. Company et al. v Occidental Petroleum Corporation has been published in the July Edition of the The Arbitration Newsletter.
• John Allen Chalk's review of Americo Life, Inc. v. Myer has been published in the April Edition of the The Arbitration Newsletter.
• John Allen Chalk participated as a panelist in the State Bar of Texas webinar on "Arbitration Clause Drafting and Practice in the Wake of AT&T Mobility, LLC v. Concepcion " on July 14, 2011.
• John Allen Chalk taught "Law 1632: Arbitration Practice and Advocacy " at the Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution July 19-30, 2011, at the Malibu, California campus.
• Contributor: "Negotiating Pipeline Rights of Way in Pennsylvania." The Pennsylvania State University (2010). Publication Code # UA465.
• Author: "The Mediator as Conflict Manager." (2009).
• CoAuthor: "Eminent Domain Power Granted to Private Pipeline Companies: Urban Resistance"