Admitted in 1996, Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
Law School Attended
University of Texas
Class of 1995
Associate Editor, The Review of Litigation
United States Military Academy
Class of 1986
Captain, U.S. Army, 1986-1993
Associations & Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Corpus Christi Bar Association
• Pursued claims against a downstream energy company for theft of trade secrets, violation of noncompete agreements using advanced forensic computer tools.
• Pursued claims for unpaid change orders in arbitration of dispute involving a new heat recovery steam generation system in a legacy power plant, with unique contract terms.
• Pursued claims for unpaid oil and gas production in complex oil and gas dispute, stemming from disputed renewal clause and , two decades of contested litigation in multiple matters.
• Defended property damage and business interruption claim as a result of refinery fire.
• Defended major industrial contractor for claims of wrongful death in federal district court.
• Defended engineering defect claims in design and construction of a new recycling plant.
• Defended major oil company from claims by dozens of contractors allegedly injured during evacuation of plant after refinery explosion.
• Obtained jury verdict for fraud, conversion, and quantum meruit in favor of geologist.
• Obtained breach of fiduciary duty verdict for charitable foundation against accountant and former trustee for misuse of trust funds.