About Barrett McNagny LLP
Founded in 1876, Barrett McNagny LLP is among the largest northeastern Indiana law firms and one of the oldest law partnerships in the state. The firm's roots trace back to when James M. Barrett, a law grad...
Founded in 1876, Barrett McNagny LLP is among the largest northeastern Indiana law firms and one of the oldest law partnerships in the state. The firm's roots trace back to when James M. Barrett, a law graduate of the University of Michigan, arrived in Fort Wayne to form a practice with Charles H. Aldrich. The two young attorneys quickly became known for their competence and professionalism. In 1925, Phil McNagny joined the firm, which then became known as Aldrich, Barrett & McNagny. In 1986, the firm officially became Barrett & McNagny. Barrett & McNagny steadily grew, attracting legal talent in many different fields. In 2015, the firm removed the ampersand to streamline its name and is now known as Barrett McNagny LLP.
The firm provides international, national, regional, and local business clients of various sizes with comprehensive counsel and representation. Included among the firm's client base are national and state chartered banks, utilities, major manufacturing concerns, service providers, several transportation companies, insurance companies, universities and many small and intermediate size businesses.
To better serve such a diverse clientele, Barrett McNagny is divided into specialty sections according to its general areas of legal practice. This structure enables its attorneys to practice efficiently, develop in-depth expertise, and promptly assemble teams of attorneys with combined legal talents to handle matters that require expertise in several areas of law.